What is a solid surface?
Solid surface is usually composed of marble dust, bauxite, acrylics. It is most frequently used for seamless countertop installations.
Solid surface is non-porous and resistant to stains and chemicals, and heat resistant making it a perfect fit for industries concerned with bacteria on medical facility surfaces and for food-preparation areas in restaurants and homes.
Cooks have long been trying to find the perfect countertop material. At one time, wood or butcher block were favored materials, but one problem with wood is that it is porous. Ceramic tile has those much-hated grout lines which make it impossible to roll out large sections of pie dough. Even the popular granite and marble options are not perfect: they are expensive, prone to cracking, and can even be damaged by hot pans.
Solid surfaces versatility allows it to be joined, shaped, and finished into a wide variety of products. It comes in more than 200 colors and patterns. We carry formica, corian, meganite and medrona products.
Click here to view our products page.
Why choose Solid Surface over granite or quartz?
- Solid Surface is non porous. It has National Sanitation Foundation (NSF/ANSI Standard 51) approval and is made with FDA approved materials. Solid Surface is the most sanitary of all countertop materials, and will withstand disinfection solutions with zero damage to the material.
- Solid surfaces are stain resistant eliminating the need for chemical sealing.
- Solid surfaces are more heat resistant to 400 degrees.
- Solid surface can be installed with no visible seams, the only material capable of this, regardless of the size of the countertop. No seams are more sanitary and more beautiful.
- Renewable and repairable. Almost any damage can be fixed easily to like new condition, entire sections can be cut out and replaced seamlessly if needed. If it is time to sell the home, the top can be re-polished back to new condition if needed. Only Solid Surface is capable of this renewal.
- Clean it with just about anything. No special cleaners are needed, soap and water, 409, Windex, whatever is at hand Solid Surface is more economical than granite or quartz after the edge profile and cutouts are figured in.
- Solid Surface isn’t radioactive like other materials, nor does it contain asbestos like some natural stone products. The NSF rating means continuous inspection of materials for quality.
- Solid Surface comes with very long warranty, and must be fabricated and installed by certified fabricators, our guarantee of quality workmanship.
To find out more of why not to use natural stones follow this link Solidsurfacealliance.org